Sash restoration progress
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows & Doors Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JulieL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Nice view out my restored sash Reply with quote

A couple of completed sash - a bear to put all the parts (including weather stripping) back together in the right order since I don't do this often enough to remember. I'm going to write it down before the next re-install - I forgot to put the top stop in before the sides for example... Note that I left some of the cracks - sealed with glass glue. It's nice glass and a few flaws are fitting, and it saved a boatload of time. Cleaned up the fixtures too. The clear finish is McCloskey spar varnish in satin mixed with burnt umber artists oil color, rubbed on.

image.jpeg
 Description:
That's my much improved and much less drafty view out the restored front sash.
 Filesize:  111.22 KB
 Viewed:  25 Time(s)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 Description:
Not aiming for perfection - didn't try to fill every surface crack. A vast improvement - this is the sash with the dropped rail. I succeeded in drilling a hole and installing dowels to pull it together per John's recommendation. Wahoo!
 Filesize:  124.95 KB
 Viewed:  24 Time(s)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 Description:
Note the horizontal crack - I busted it when pointing so I sealed & left it in.
 Filesize:  62.8 KB
 Viewed:  26 Time(s)

image.jpeg

Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows & Doors Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: