Finished window, frame & casing
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows & Doors  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimitchell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Finished window, frame & casing Reply with quote

I have been working on restoring windows in our historic Colorado home for almost 3 years, thanks to John Leeke and his books. As of today, I have finished 15 windows. I have 5 more to go.

Attached is a picture of one of the most significant windows that I have restored. One muntin had to be replaced because it was completely rotted from a major roof leak. Similarly, I had to be do some major epoxy molding to reform a sash rail. The window had never been operational, and we quickly found out why. The window frame had been installed as a parallelogram, then the sashes were made extra small and installed at an offset from one another. They never could have moved up and down due to the frame being out of square. As a result, we had to fix both the sashes and the frame. Today, both sashes go up and down.

The sashes themselves have been in place for a few weeks and the frame and out trim was finished some time ago, but today I just finished painting the interior trim. Truly finished - window restoration really is so much more than just sashes.

Kim Decker

kitchen window.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.25 KB
 Viewed:  51 Time(s)

kitchen window.JPG

Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows & Doors  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: