dry putty
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows & Doors  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: dry putty Reply with quote

though i make a plastic covered cardboard cover to keep the air out of the putty container, i always encounter a thin coat of hardened putty on top. i roll, pat, knead, heat and roll again but the bits of dried putty show their ugly selves after tooling the product in the sash. i was hoping to eliminate or reduce this problem by purchasing one or two gallon containers rather than five. at this time, sarco only has five gallon containers of the type-m (fast drying) putty. ed sarsfield suggested adding water to cover the putty then pouring off the water prior to using the product again. last night i scraped off the dried putty which is a significant amount, at least an inch off the top, which rendered a nice smooth consistency...it was easier to tool and left no ugly bits....after my next purchase i will try the water covering the top and hope that it works....

do not be put off by the, shall we say, lack of customer service attitude, that you may get when contacting the folks at sarco. my initial contact with them was excellent but has fallen precipiticely since then.....

...jade
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows & Doors  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: