Alliance Demonstration Plan
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> TB Conference Planning, Windows, Mar. 2007 Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnleeke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve:

Both good topics. I think showing how an old sash with a rotten joint, or a poor lower rail can be taken apart and a whole new rail, or rail & stile put in would be good.

This would make an exceptional demonstration because the sash could be taken apart, new parts put in, M&Ts repinned, to show the complete repair. Then you could put the old parts back in and repeat the demonstration, repeating as many times as you like, each time for a new crowd of on lookers--lots of repeating educational benefit for a one-time "setup" of making the demonstration sash.

Go ahead and write up a Title, and brief description, then choose your time slot and post it right here.

by hammer and hand great works do stand
by pen and thought best words are wrought
jade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the glazing demonstration, i will have on hand a number of multi-paned sash plus glass, sarco putty and a fletcher frame master for installing pins..i will demonstrate application of bedding putty, installation of glass with pins and tooling of the face putty...
...jade
WindowWoman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Is this sash beyond repair Reply with quote

I finally pulled out the complete schedule and figured out when might be a good time for Pat and I to do our demo

I'm thinking Saturday 1-2PM.
sswiat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Demo schedule Reply with quote

Demo Schedule

Friday 3/9

Wood repairs - 12 - 1 PM (Can I sneak into Jades 11-2 block of time)

Weatherstripping 2-3 PM

Wood Repairs. Missing or damaged parts do not signify the end of a sash. See how missing or damaged wood can be replaced and bring new life to your window.

Weatherstripping. View the different materials and methods to weatherstip old windows. Materials from the quick DIY fix to the professional installation will be covered.

John, please review and give me your thoughts.

Steve
johnleeke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good topics and material.

Excellent and concise descriptions.

On the schedule, I think it's OK to overlap demos works well, one advantagle is that the overlap can catch people's interest and hold them at our demonstrations a little longer--every minute they're watching how windows can be saved, they are not down the aisle buying replacement windows. The strategy of "stretching out" the schedule so that there is something going on throughout the day also "plays" well.

JamesMPatrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Getting up to speed. Reply with quote

Between the flu and trying to make a living thereafter, I am way behind. I will be in touch with Alison immediately and cracking on our demo session.
johnleeke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat:

Glad to hear you're recovering.

I just talked with Jade and she'll be taking over planning for the demonstrations, so get with her on it by messages here, email, etc.

take care, work safe and keep in touch.

Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> TB Conference Planning, Windows, Mar. 2007 Goto page Previous  1, 2 
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: