(pics) how fo i flash where the roof line meets wood siding?
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Roofing & Flashing  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlakeAronson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: (pics) how fo i flash where the roof line meets wood siding? Reply with quote

What you see is my porch gable flashing that was done when a stucco job was done almost 20 years ago, the stucco covered the flashing so it obviosuly didn't need to be flush to the wood siding. I've removed the stucco, revealing the original wood. I have no clue how this was originally protected. the roof may have been redone in 1991 when they did the stucco, i have no clue how original it is, but the the siding is the original 1913 siding and i'd prefer not to have to remove it to flash the roof, is that possible?

whats the best way to go about reflashing this without removing the siding (if possible)? any specific item/product to use? i don't have any experience with this so any detailed recommendations on how to approach this is very welcomed!

i'm hoping theres a way i can flash it and then just add a trim piece of wood over the line where the roof and wall meet.

flashingpost.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.31 KB
 Viewed:  221 Time(s)

flashingpost.jpg

Jeremy Ballard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut or remove the nail closest to the roof on the clapboards and slip a new step flashing behind the clapboard and under the roof shingles. Start at the bottom and work your way to the top so the laps are correct. You may have to remove some of the roof shingle nails also. If you put any nails in the step flashing make sure they will be covered by the next course.
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Roofing & Flashing  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: