Goodbye to Perma Glaze
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows & Doors  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stan

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Goodbye to Perma Glaze Reply with quote

I came across this forum today and have found it very interesting. I work with Midwest Sealant Supply in Columbus, OH. The place most of you have sourced Perma Glaze. That being the case I have some sad news for all:

As of this past week, Perma Glaze W1230 from Schnee-Morehead, is no longer available. Schnee-Morehead is out of stock, Midwest Sealant Supply is out of stock and I doubt this product is available anywhere.

I have been in personal contact with the COO of SM, and he assures me that they have lost supply of critical raw materials and they will not be able to produce this product again. I believe the only person happy about this is our UPS driver, who shed a tear every time he saw a pail waiting for him.

At this time I cannot suggest an alternative product to Perma Glaze. We have shipped it from Maine to Hawaii and north to Alaska. Every one simply swears by this product and claims that nothing comes even close. (Quick paintablility being the key characteristic.)

As some of you have noted in various threads, knife grade glazing compounds constitute an extremely small volume for a sealant company. They simply cannot expend R&D dollars that they could never hope to recover. Hopfully the few products left on the market will continue to be available, even if they do not offer the application performance you seek.
johnleeke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan:

Thank you so much for the update on Perma'Glaze. We're sorry to lose it, but glad you let us know.

by hammer and hand great works do stand
by pen and thought best words are wrought
jade

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan....
I too thank you for letting us all know. Promise we won't hold it against the bearer of the bad news!

Please let us know if you come across a similar glazing product.

Thanks......
....Jade
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows & Doors  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: