Cordless drills
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows Workshop  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rikahlberg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Cordless drills Reply with quote

Someone at the workshop had a nice Bosch cordless. I think it was Mike's.

Anyone recall the model? or any other recommendations?

Thanks!

jade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik.....
I wasn't at the workshop, but I can offer my feedback on cordless drills...I've owned Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee and Hitachi and have used Bosch, AEG and Metabo. My favorite by far is the Panasonic 15.6 volt drill. It outlasts and is lighter than the 18 volters...in all the comparisons I've seen in different trade magazines, it is rated very high. It has a nice grip, superior power and is well balanced.
I always have two drills in working order...when they get to be 3 years old, I give them to friends and purchase another...

...jade
sswiat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: I second the recommendation Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic also. I've been using it in every situation possible for the last 5+ years. It has a great balance and enough power to easily bore spade bits through floor joists (even after 5+ years). It is getting abit tired but I still intend to use it till the end.

It is also small enough to get into tight spaces where some of the others are to long to.

When it goes, I wouldn't even consider anything else...
jade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve.....
Since you are a friend and you hold onto your drills for five years, perhaps you are in line to get my hand-me-down Panasonics!
....Jade
TDL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever try a Festool cordless drill? I like their other tools but never used their drill. I hated working with cordless drills to the point I now only own corded but would like to get a nice cordless that works well.
rncx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as with most other tools, the stuff at the lumber yard and the stuff at home depot are two different things.

i have makitas and they are a perfect example. at the borgs they have 'grey' ones that are lighter weight, and typically don't last as long. at the lumber yard they have 'green' ones, which are marketed toward professionals and last much longer, both in battery life and in durability.

there are exceptions, of course. i think the milwaukee stuff at the orange borg is pretty decent for the most part. but in general, apply the same principle as everything else. if you look at something and say "hey that's a pretty good deal!", it isn't. a new cordless drill with 2 batteries and a charger should run about 200 dollars. if it's less, it'll be....less ;).
TNWoodwright

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used them all and now buy the 19 volt sears when they are on sale. WHY? Because I'm waiting for one to come out where the bit will actually stay in the chuck. Maybe its just me but I've yet to use one that the bit doesn't come loose when you hit a snag. Unless you torque it to death. Even the hex bits don't stay in.

Anybody?? :)
rncx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have any trouble with mine slipping. the current one has been used every day for about two years.
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Windows Workshop  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: