Working on first interior storm
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Interior Storm Windows  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emrude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Working on first interior storm Reply with quote

I had my first fire last night. A little late this year, but how I keep the power company in control every year. I have double hung windows with triple track storms. And every year I put up a clear plastic to help with drafts.
So, I have put together my first trial interior storm.
I went over John's instructions. I used cypress because I have a lot of it and I don't like pine. I measured first window. I used pocket screws to put together frame. I buy stretch film when walmart marks it down every year and went and got first package. I used backer rod that I split in half and used the double stick tape from window package to attach.
I stapled the film to the cypress using a cardboard strip so staple does not tear film. I am still going to cover edges with screen bead.
So far my screen looks better than my past tacky window treatments. I may paint the cypress in the future to match sash.
I plan to make three more interior storms to use in the part of the house that I heat.
It took me two hours so far to make first screen.
I'm hoping for a warm home and low heating bills.
Any one else making their storms?

Marion
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Interior Storm Windows  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: