Terminology for ad
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> The Business Side, Vermont, 2004 & 2006, Jacksonville 2007  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sswiat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Terminology for ad Reply with quote

I am putting an ad together for my custom cabinetry. I want to focus on the old home market (1940's and down). I am looking for a way of classifying what market I am after.

My question is regarding terminology to classify a home. Historic is a great term but I'm afraid that will be to exclusive as many probably would not consider their home historic. The adjective "older" is maybe to general as a 50 year old home can be considered "older".

The word vintage doesn't really fit for a home.( I like the way Dave B uses it to describe windows).

I do like the adjective "classic" as in classic home. Would "classic home" fit for older homes? Is it general yet specific?

Traditional is also a very descriptive term.

The rest of the text in my ad details what I am trying to market (cabinetry influenced by the period styling of the home).

I will be placing the advertisement in a historic organizations newsletter so it will be to a targeted audience.

Any feedback or thoughts on some other descriptive words?
jade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve.......
How about 'period' and 'reproduction'?
I like Crown Point's advertising. They are out of New Hampshire, so not a competitor. Go to www.crown-point.com
Have Fun!!
......Jade
jade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, I feel like a knuckle head....you already used 'period'......
My other suggestion, if you haven't done it already, do a search on period, vintage or reproduction cabinetry and see what you come up with for ideas....
....Jade
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> The Business Side, Vermont, 2004 & 2006, Jacksonville 2007  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: