EPA Set to crack down on FARM DUST
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Garden & Landscape  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike-in-Maine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: EPA Set to crack down on FARM DUST Reply with quote

Yes, its in the works...

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12899662
waxahatchie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

before we get another 'gubmint iz bad' tone going, consider 'cui bono;' like many proposed regulations, a good result (clean air) is perverted by the rule-writers. but who writes the rules? this cost will be easily absorbed by a large corporation... the smaller and independent businesses cannot always afford to comply, and are forced to sell or leave the business. so who benefits more from this rule: us, with cleaner air, or ag conglomerates who get to force out competition?

this is what you get when regulations are written BY corporations, FOR corporations - as opposed to the old way, where regulations were often written to PREVENT corporations from harming the populace! i can tell you dozens of examples from the food industry alone...

just like the lead rules, who benefits? sure, a bureaucracy gets to justify it's budget; but the bulk of the benefit goes to vinyl pirates and others who helped write the rules TO BENEFIT THEMSELVES. too expensive to 'safely' repair an old window? better buy a new one!!!!

as john stresses we all need to have our thinking caps on at all times - your livelihoods may well depend on accurately determining WHO the enemy is, and what buttons to push to neutralize them!

john, feel free to delete this if you consider it 'too political' for the site.......
Mike-in-Maine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, youre saying the 'gubmint is here to hep us'? I think thats a naive assumption, and although you didnt really make that assumption, you seem to be "neutral" enough to almost be seen as rolling over and letting the govt do what it wants because, well, they MUST know whats best for us....

I understand your response, and agree with your points, but the other side of the coin is that its quite clear the EPA is overstepping the boundaries of common sense and reality.

Farming was one of the original and strongest virtues of the nation, and its slowly being hacked out of existence.

I used to go 4 wheeling out west in the desert... the govt then banned our trails because of the "dust" and the "destruction" of the desert.... (this was far away from any population)... after the closure, within 3 years... the municipalities annexed that pristine land and now its all residential neighborhoods. BAD GOVT.
johnleeke
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
john, feel free to delete this if you consider it 'too political' for the site.......

Definitely NOT too political. The politics of our daily actions and decisions must be considered.

Since the corporations have arranged government so our votes don't count, that leaves us to "vote" with how we spend our dollars (buy natural locally grown wood, not plastic trex product), and what we decide to do with our lives (repair a window, not buy a plastic window product).

Lately I've been thinking much less about big government and big corporate business and more about helping the people right around me; this includes myself, my family, my neighbors, and anyone who is taking care of old buildings. (hey, that's you!)

by hammer and hand great works do stand
by pen and thought best words are wrought
Historic HomeWorks Forum Forum Index -> Garden & Landscape  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: